Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Scawy!

I decided to force myself to go to the dentist. I have not seen a dentist since May 2006, which was my end of service medical examinations for Peace Corps in Guatemala City. I figure it would be fitting to keep with the Guatemalan dentist theme, so I made an appointment for tomorrow at a dental clinic that is advertised in the tourist magazines. I am not particularly worried about any bad news or that I will need any dental work, I just thought it would be a good idea as well as put me out of my comfort zone. Last week when I visited Primeros Pasos I was shown the "dentist office" which was a concrete room with very old machines and an old dentist chair. I involuntarily shuddered, which made my tour guide girl laugh. The whole sha-bang tomorrow (providing no further work will be needed) is about $35. Not bad... as I sip my sugar-laden coffee and enjoy a pan dulce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers