Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Down & out.

Finally feeling better today. I've been sick for a week. Like bed-sick. Uggg. Has been awful! And the internet has been out with the whole country shut down for Semana Santa so unable to get it up and running until today. Homework to catch up on, etc. etc.

Here are some pictures from Concepcion last week.

This is the ultimate goal. I was only able to get 3 new computers to the school. Again, I just flat out put them on my credit card. Not responsible giving, I know, but it got the job done. The computer was about $300, plus a $15 desk and chair. Just need like 20 more..... I did bring 15 desks and 10 chairs, too. The computers that are there were given by the Peace Corps Volunteers before me through a USAID grant. The computers, as I mentioned, were a phenomenal gift but now very outdated. We were able to save NINE computers by doing some repairs. But the rest are just dead.
Here is Gaby eating my camera case. She and her sister are little buddies of mine. Kinda pesky, but pretty adorable.
A photo by Rosi, Gaby's sister. Here I'm starting to feel sick, hence my not-so-in-to-pictures look.
Norma dancing in the school. This is the school I worked in as a Peace Corps Volunteer, except this 2nd floor did not exist. Currently there is some drama-rama in the town about the school. Kind of a long story.
This is from the bus I rode when I went up to Concepcion just before this last visit. Sweet bus. Sweet Vicente.
A shot of the old computers and desks with the new stuff in the middle.
Hector and Gaspar putting a desk together. Not big fans of using directions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers