Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Birthday party.

And today is Poncho's 17th birthday (although that was briefly debated because Mom thinks it's his 16th), anyway, I made a chocolate cake with butter cream type frosting and strawberries on top. Legit! Among many folks here, birthdays are not celebrated. Usually a feliz cumps will do. But I am definitely not one to let a birthday go uncelebrated. Poncho left to buy stuff at the market and in the meantime I frosted the cake, got out plates n' stuff, and put on my marimba music from Concepcion. When he got back there was a party waiting for him. Too cute! He even blew out two big fat candles we found in the market.


There's the birthday boy, Poncho, in the middle. To the right, older brother Mario, and mama Doña Catalina (the queen of awesome hair). Then to the left is Andres, oldest brother, and then, uh, me. I look wild. Also this photo is misleading because I'm easily nearly a head taller than 'em all.



Forgot to get a before picture, so here's after. The frosting was made from an online recipe I found that didn't include anything I couldn't get in the 'hood. I had to find real butter though, which I did.



This is just a picture of all of Norma's feet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers