Honesty. Wilbury.
Lately I've been feeling oddly grumpy. I think it is a culmination of the end of a tough semester (online from Guatemala!), recent experiences like the Rights Action mining delegation, general frustration with being starred at when I go outside, my full house, and missing "things" from the US. And I just finished cover-to-cover "Searching for Everardo" - the story by Jennifer Harbury about her disappeared, tortured and murdered Guatemalan guerillero hubs back in 1992. H-eavy. And I can tell when I'm getting weird, I start to do things I don't normally do in the US, like fast food and hermit-like tendencies. Yikes!
In two weeks I'll be in Seattle, Portland and San Fran before Where There Be Dragons orientation starts in mid-June near LA. I'm looking forward to a little break, a little perspective, not feeling like a giant white weirdo, and legit bagels.
Here is a picture of the Traveling Wilburys... I think black socks and white slip-ons has got to come back into style soon. Check out the poll on the right.
0 comments:
Post a Comment