Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pictures from yesterday.


Photo: Associated Press. Downtown Guatemala City sinkhole. More info here, including a high resolution pic that freaks me out.

Incredible these stories and photos on this Associated Press story.Here are some pictures I took from the landslide yesterday; they are not that great but, hey, I was walking across a big muddy landslide with no other gringos in sight - I was playing it really cool.


The onlookers.


Huge pieces of rock fell from the hillsides in many parts on the Inter American Highway.


Traipsing across the biggest landslide we saw on the Inter American Highway yesterday.


Crossing the landslide.


This could be considered a "small" landslide. At many, many parts half the road was covered by a landslide. In two parts was it impassible.

One of the lines of cars encountered.


You can see sorta in this video some of cross-eyed Gael Garcia Bernal or "Cursi" as I called him in secret. But also the pick up ride out of the landslide area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers