Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anudda wurld.

Yesterday I took the train for the first time from Olympia to Portland. Because it was an amazingly lovely day in the Northwest, I saw the shiniest views of Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens and Mt. Hood along the way. But first some of the past:


Meanwhile back in Guatemala...Here is a pile of sand from Volcano Pacaya in Guatemala City. Pacaya is like an hour away! Piles of the sand are on streets all over the city waiting to be picked up by the garbage guys. In the news and from reports on the ground, they are still digging out people from after "Agatha" and the death toll has unfortunately risen to 170. With so much going on, the volcano eruption, tropical storm and sink hole I think it's easy to forget the magnitude of each of those events! I read an article criticizing news for picking up too heavily on the sink hole and not on the storm disaster.


Dork-tastic picture of the train station in Olympia. What a lovely day! By the way my shirt says, "Guatever." Ha ha?


Mt. St. Helens off in the distance. The views from the train were amazing... sure did make me miss living in the Northwest. The train conductor said his favorite stop was Kelso/Longview. I knew what he meant.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers