'Dios Guate.
Traveling to El Salvador today. We'll stay a couple of days around San Salvador, then head to the Perquin area where we'll visit El Mozote. This should last us a week, then we enter Nicaragua and stay there for six weeks until the end o' the course on December 8th. We're sort of struggling with the difference among our students related to their desire to be here. It's frustrating because some find a lot of meaning and impact from the things we do - especially the time in the Ixcan - and some think Guatemala is sad and depressing and they'd rather go hiking and do service work. So this pretty much illustrates the toughest part of doing this work for me. This is the fifth course I've run in Guatemala with students and, although it's good times, I think I'm done. On Tuesday I interviewed for a year-long job at an organization in Guatemala City; it would also potentially serve as my Master of Public Health fieldwork assignment. If it worked out, I would start in January and be back in school taking my classes online again. Vamos a ver...
0 comments:
Post a Comment