How we feel about ourselves.
This morning I had another flight on my adventures in North America Winter Fun Tour 2011. I sat next to this lady who I could feel really wanted to chat, or at least swap small talk. And you know me, I like to pretend to do other things rather than chat with strangers (weren't we taught, Don't talk to strangers?!) Well she was very nice and in the midst of her story about where she was flying and why she said, What a blessing someone would give me a job... 62 years old, chubby and white-haired. Just then I looked over at her really shocked she said that because in my eyes she was a kind, very pretty woman with a sweet voice. I sat there and thought about how hard we can be on ourselves, how old or unattractive or boring we think we are - and we are not! And maybe the real culprit is 'everything else' that makes us feel that way - too old to work, too chubby (she wasn't!), too gray-haired, too whatever... We owe ourselves a hug.
0 comments:
Post a Comment