Pirate movies.
Isn't the movie Avatar amazing? I just watched it last night for the first time. I'm probably one of the last people to see it but that's how I roll. It's been recommended to me many times and now I see why. I usually don't get into digital super movies about weird concepts but this, as you probably know, was just a lot of digital hoopla for a very awesome message. Big, powerful government and military taking away indigenous lands just cuz. It was so stark and obvious, like it is to me here in Guatemala with indigenous land problems in San Marcos and El Estor. At one part of the movie early on they show a bulldozed huge area and I immediately said, Hey that looks like San Marcos.
My movie watching has gone up lately because of living so close to Antigua where pirated movies are of the utmost quality and under $2 a pop. I have a high quality version of Black Swan, which I recommend. Where do they get their material? The DVD actually says, "property of ... blah blah movie company" in the beginning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment