I forgot the internet existed.
Yeah I'm not the smartest gal on the block these days. My brain is not what it used to be for sure. Stuff like counting, remembering, and reasoning are really, really hard now. I just spent probably 30 minutes making careful front/back photocopies of a New Yorker article I wanted to pass along to some Dragons alums I'm seeing this morning. The article is sooo awesome and about this lawyer who was killed and later a video of him talking came out saying, If I'm dead it's because the president (of Guatemala) killed me. The whole case had to be solved by a body of international folks working to stop impunity in Guatemala, mostly this Spanish guy. This was 2009-2010. Totally big news here and almost destroyed an already weak government. Anyway, fascinating read. Well, I just found the whole document online. For free. Duh. So here it is in case anyone, Guate-dorks especially, is looking for a good read over weekend coffee. It reads like a John Grisham novel... but it's real! Here is the article - excellent read!
0 comments:
Post a Comment