Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Whoops.

Sorry forgot to pay the domain name renewal so ye ol Bloggy disappeared for a few days.

I usually don't remember my dreams but during pregnancy I pretty much always remember them and they are vivid. For awhile I was dreaming about different types of cloth diapers (which I was researching at the time), but what's more I was dreaming about being confused by cloth diapers (which I was).

Lately the presidential campaigns here have been gaining steam. I have a new name for Partido Patriota (the retired Army General Otto Perez Molina's party) which is Partido Idiota. I'm so clever. He is such a nightmare and every other day or so I read about something related to him that angers me. Like the fact that soon he's off to the US to gain support from folks in Washington. Gross. More information about that here.

So I have had two Perez Molina dreams. One, he was invited to my house by my parents so that I could meet him. I locked myself in my room and when my mom brought him to my door I said, I do not want to meet you, I have nothing to say to you. Then last night I dreamed I ran into him in a market in Guatemala and he gave me a gross smile and said, Mucho gusto and I said a big bad word to him with the initials FU and then I called him an Asesino and then I yelled, Jennifer Harbury!

Anyway, I think it's weird I dream so vividly about Guatemalan politics and that my opinion seems to be so strong. But of course it is. Whenever Andres and I touch the subject we end up sad. In fact, in similar news, ex-President Portillo was totally acquitted of his embezzlement charges this week by the Guatemala court. Now he fighting tooth and nail to not be extradited to the US where he faces more embezzlement charges, cuz he knows he doesn't have friends in high places like he does here. It's a total sham.

I have three weeks, well two now, before my summer semester starts. I'm taking two mini semester classes that end June 30 (a week before due date). So I've been making a cross-stitch which I'll hopefully finish soon and post a picture of here. And knitting. I'd be knitting a lot more but I had to get materials sent from the US because knitting isn't so big here. So still waiting for those...


Napping Norma.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers