A little less ear.
Norma had her ear surgery on Friday. It went really well. The vet is awesome. I expected more of her ear to be gone but actually it looks pretty close to normal. Best part is when he called me to tell me I could come get Norma I asked how much the surgery was in quetzales and he goes, "Oh um Q450 - you can pay me whenever." I was like, say what?? I don't think I've ever heard of a Guatemalan telling a crazy gringa dog lady "you can pay me whenever." She had to be given general anesthesia, which made me nervous because her other surgery almost 2 years ago (the toe removal) was also general anesthesia and the vets freaked out because her heart rate dropped very low during the procedure. However, JP the vet down here listened to her past very carefully and totally heard me on my concerns. In the end he said Norma was awesome, super easy to work with, and the whole thing was easier than he expected.
You can hardly tell but the right ear in this picture is where he removed a gumball sized growth from the tip.
Also the vet looks almost exactly like the actor Alfred Molina aka Diego Rivera in the movie "Frida."
The truck is now officially for sale. Luckily it is worth more down here than up in the US, however it still has US plates and is technically here illegally (depends on who you ask) even though it/we entered legally. Some say the truck only had 90 days in the country and I would have had to take it out and re-enter, but some say nah. Who knows. It might impede selling it, though. We'll have to see when and if we get any takers. So yesterday Andres and his brother Poncho, who is visiting for the weekend from school in Xela, washed the Cruiser. It turned more into water play time but everything got washed.
Our patio and car wash. Norma steered clear of the scene unsure if all the water splashing around meant if she was getting a bath or not.
And baby boy is 2 months today! I crocheted him a hat with bear ears last night. Although certain people in this house think it looks more like mouse ears.
Arlo today at 2 months!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment