Projects.
I finished my first big crochet project, a sweater for Arlo. It's still a tad big but by November I'm sure it will be perfect. It's 100% wool with neat little wooden buttons. I'm sure someday he'll be like, geez ma why'd ya gotta dress me that?!
Also crocheted some slippers for Andres' mom. It's a pattern from 1979! I really want to make many more slippers but I find that I get bored by the time I finish the first. Takes a lot of motivation for me to tackle that second slipper.
And the big project, this knitted vest I finished yesterday. I wanted to make something the fits Arlo right now since we have a few warm pieces of clothing that are still a little big. So here's my little buddy in his fancy new vest.
We finally have Arlo's US passport and certificate of birth now! Here's hoping Andres gets a visa soon...
Last night we went to a little dinner get together with some friends, including a dear Dragons bud who is visiting for the week on vacation. I was a little nervous to go unsure of how Arlo would take it, plus no one else has kids. But of course, Arlo was awesome, slept on Andres' shoulder in his fancy vest, then sacked out on the bed for awhile during dinner, I nursed him a few times and he stayed sleepy and chill, then slept on Andres again in the hammock among everyone else. What a good little guy! And for me it was so nice to be among friends. It was so bilingual ~ everyone going between English and Spanish, pretty fun conversations to just listen to as it went in and out of languages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment