Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Little buddy.

Today Arlo is 3 months old. He's a super dude. He's so smiley and chatty lately. He loves to stare in the mirror and at this Pac Man pillowcase I got in the paca awhile back. He's just soooo awesome.


I knitted this hat for him yesterday. 

Don't look too closely. The stitches are kinda wonky. I should block it. 

I am currently trying to block a chunky cowl-thing I knitted and a cable headband but it's just too damp here and it's taking days. It's been gray and rainy for a week or so now. Luckily the heavy, non stop rains seem to have stopped. But it's still cold and sad outside. Our laundry doesn't dry on the line so Andres has been taking our washed, wet clothes down to a lavanderia to use the dryer every few days.

We found a buyer for my old Land Cruiser but since the roads are so bad due to the rain we can't get to the border to transfer the papers. Since the truck is technically "imported" there's some stuff we have to do different than just a regular sale and title transfer. I can tell this guy is super anxious to get the Cruiser in his hands. I was hoping to sell it to someone like him ~ super stoked to have a classic truck like this. Yesterday he took it to Guatemala City (and left us his Mazda). I was sorta worried it would break down, not because it's in bad shape, just cuz, ya know, what luck that would be. Everything was fine and he came back giddy for his new Cruiser. We'll probably end up going next week since I have two major assignments due this week for school.

I've been super productive on knitting and crochet projects lately. There's the hat in the picture above, I made some crochet booties for Arlo, some dishcloths, a cup cozy, and ripped out countless beginnings to other projects. Oh yeah and the cowl and head band. I don't know what's got into me. I never used to actually 'finish' my projects. It all started during pregnancy, I guess my brain changed. Yay for brain changes! I'd even say I've gotten a bit better at my school work somehow. Hmm, interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers