800+ miles down...
Greetings from San Luis Potosi (which in my head all day I've been calling Sarah Jessica Potosi or San Luis Parker).
Yesterday I crossed the El Paso/Juarez border in the morning and got to know all little of Juarez (trying to find the highway out of town) and then headed southy-south. Crossing the KM 30 checkpoint (getting the vehicle permit, etc etc) was super easy and kinda fun. The officials were happy I spoke Spanish and had all my paperwork in order. At no point, even until now, has anyone asked for Norma's papers. Nothing! Yesterday I logged under 300 miles getting to Chihuahua. I was supposed to stay with a friend but I couldn't find her house and for whatever reason could not dial her on my Mexi-cell phone... So, even better in terms of accessibility to the highway, I found Hotel Vimar (after accidentally pulling into an "hourly motel" oooops!) and it was a cheap, cute stop with a nice family and enclosing parking for the rig. They were semi-ok with Norma and gave me a yucky room for a little more than the normal price, which is cool because it's nice they even let her stay in the room with me... Initially the kid was like, oh yeah dogs are ok here... in the shed. Riiiight. So Norma and I got a room together and ate PB & J.
This morning I took off at 5:30 am and drove a whopping 500 miles. Chihuahua, Torreon, Zacatecas, San Luis Potosi. Was a loooong day but pretty great. I saw a man ride a bike with a poodle in the front basket, a kid climbed my car to wash the window, lots of landscape and a huge dead cow.
It took me a little bit to find my reserved hotel here in San Luis Potosi. It was a Travelocity reserved room that is rocking my world. Hotel slippers and Modelo on room service. Good end to a good day.
0 comments:
Post a Comment