Veracruz
Hello from Acayucan, Veracruz. Today I looked at a map and was like, whoa, I drove far. Driving out of Puebla this morning down the mountains into Veracruz was totally amazing. Snow capped peaks! Bright green fields! Blue sky! Farmers on bikes! Was so beautiful. I can't believe just days ago I was in the Chihuahuan desert. So south of DF on this route of mine, things have gotten grittier, the weather has gotten balmier, the tacos greasier. Tonight Acayucan is bustling and I think I'm the only whitey here. I have had a few car problemas but all was resolved with the help of a kind mechanic and his son, then later another pair of mechanics Felipe and Cristobal who cruise Cordoba in a VW bug with no passenger seat and all their mechanic tools in the (front) trunk. Before Cristobal confirmed Acayucan was 3 hours from Cordoba, Felipe scratched his head and told me it would be like 8 hours. Felipe was a cute old man who liked Norma. The two of them gave me their number and said they'd come help me with car problems "wherever I am" hahahaha. So it has been adventureful for sure... Tomorrow I head to San Cristobal where I meet a friend from Guatemala for the last leg. Right now I'm on the lookout for dinner options. I'm thinking tacos.
0 comments:
Post a Comment