Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Driving, part deux.

This morning I drove from Xela to Antigua, which is about 100 miles. This was my first road adventure since the road adventure of all road adventures. Anyway it was short and sweet (3 hours without stopping) and I met more nice gas station guys. This one had a pretty sweet handle on English thanks to 10 years in Boca Raton, FL.

Although travel with rig and dog is hard in Antigua. The cobblestones make for a bumpy ride in Antigua and Norma is not so welcome. I went to the ol' Peace Corps hotel but apparently Don Antonio no acepta dogs no' more. So I went to the 2nd PC place (when we had some quetzales in the pocket) and alas, my memory had failed me: no dogs. So I went to my least favorite, but known, place where we often take Dragons (though I don't know why, it's kinda lame) and yeah they allowed Norma but it is more expensive than it should be and I don't really feel "welcome." Oh, and I had to drop the "I always bring you people guests..." thing, which is what worked. I've got 2 nights there but I'm going to keep my eyes open for somewhere else. I plan on staying here for a few days to do my midterms. The wifi is pretty fast and I have some research to do, etc...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers