It's still early.
This morning I got up early to move my truck out of the Q30 a night parqueo and back onto the street. Then I took Norma out for a little walk. When we got back to the hotel I took Norma up onto the roof, which has a lovely 360 view of Antigua including volcano Agua. This roof is nice, I've slept on it before once with Dragons because I was so distraught after visiting Camino Seguro for the first time (an NGO at the city dump where people salvage trash all day for pennies) I couldn't bare to be around anything.
Anyway this lovely roof is spacious. Somehow, when I wasn't looking, Norma decided to jump onto the neighboring roof. Except the neighbor's roof (a restaurant actually) was not what she thought; I imagine she anticipated metal lamina but no, it was plastic. So there was a lot of noise, a lot of dust, and Norma with a look on her doggy face like, WHAT THE?! while unsure of her footing. And I called her and she got her wits about her I guess and jumped back onto our concrete roof. I look over and yeah, she basically ruined the roof in that part because it was a plastic, green lamina that blocked water but allowed light and under it was a thatched mat and restaurant tables. Of course, someone from the restaurant goes outside and looks up at the roof because it was super loud. Finally, I turn around and say, Yeah it was my dog... sorry. The lady is like, Uh ok. Nice and all but, whooops.
So not much later the hotel guy goes, the lady next door is looking for you. Not surprising because damage was done. I go next door and apologize and tell her I'll pay whatever the damage is, etc etc. She's a nice lady and I wanted her to know I was sorry (and friendly) so that there's no bad vibes AND so that she doesn't make up some ridiculous price for the damage. I'm unfamiliar with the cost of green plastic lamina in these parts. Later this morning I run into her on the block and she says, Q160, which is like ... uh... $20? Something like that. Fine. I had already called a friend for a Guatemalan estimate of plastic lamina and got a similar price. So I paid her Q170. All good.
And as all this is going on, running in and out with Norma and some errands, some guys urinates on my car! Well "against" it but um, ON it, too. My first instinct was to shout, Hey man that's my car! But I realized he had no ears. Seriously.
0 comments:
Post a Comment