Spring Break!
There are many things I've learned to not take for granted because of Guatemala. To that list I add, doing homework. It is officially spring break in New Mexico State land and I only know that because my schedule says so and I had a bunch of major assignments due up until last night. Yesterday, not that I left anything to the last minute, I was in Xela trying to find the establishment with the fastest wifi so I could finish some research for one of my classes. My internet connection at home is sufficient for checking email but not searching databases, loading documents, etc. So there I was in Xela trying to get things done relying on a quality wifi connection. Well, lots of places offer wifi but of course that doesn't mean it is fast. To make a long story short it dawned on me I should just find a regular internet cafe and do all my research (I lug around my laptop usually for homework). The computers were faster than the wifi connections I had been using. I was up late-ish last night turning in my stuff (3 major assignments due yesterday) and in the end I was exhausted, of course from learning stuff, but also because I can't just sit down and do homework like I used to back in Las Cruces. For fall semester I'm going to invest in the fastest internet connection south of the Cuchumatanes.
Also, when I got home last night someone was burning their trash in the colonia. It was so stinky and icky throughout the 'hood and even in the house. Another thing I appreciate, places without the stench of burning trash.
Going up to Concepcion, my Peace Corps town, this week. And going to spend time with Armando working on his project out in Pachaj.
Yay healthcare!
0 comments:
Post a Comment