Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Guilty pleasures: water, pavement, cheese.

The water is back on tonight. I just took a shower for the first time in I'm-not-going-to-say-how-long, though it does not break the record held by living in Concepcion Huista. Apparently, we pay the water bill to the owners of the house who in turn pay the water company. They did not pay the water bill this month. They have also done this once before with the electricity bill.

This afternoon I went out to by some doggie food for Norma (I opted for the cheapest "Purina" brand - brand loyalty I guess - as opposed to the cheapest-cheapest which was called "Dogui"). When I got back to the house there was a "water guy" fussing with the water pipes. I assumed he was legit because he was voluntarily sticking his hand in a dirty hole scooping out the trash. He started at me like, Yo Gringa This Is How We Do It, explaining when I get a water bill I have to pay it or else the water will be shut off. I was in no mood and shot back the whole "we pay the owner and she's the culprit" to which he gave me the look like, Riiiiiiiight. I'm pretty sick of being treated like I don't have a clue.

This weekend I have to go to Mexico because my 90 day visa is up here in Guatemala. Border chaos and who-knows-what to be had! Here's hoping for a smooth couple of days casually renewing my paperwork. See how I made it sound easy? Unfortunately there is somewhat bad timing here because I'm leaving Guatemala anyway on June 1st - just too late, plus my car has to leave Guatemala, too. Guess who has free reign to do whatever she wants? Norma.


Boss with the lifetime Guatemalan visa. I don't have to go anywhere or do anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers