Rain stopped.
Photo from Prensa Libre
This morning there is no rain. But my pals on the coast said they would call again and didn't. I really hope they are okay. With all the rain I haven't been able to go buy minutes for my phone and call them. In local news, although in Spanish there is coverage of what's going on here, some major roads blocked, many less major roads blocked, people evacuated from their homes, 12 people dead, others still missing. Guatemala has declared a state of emergency - or calamity as they say. The airport will be closed for at least the next 3 days. This is a mix of the tropical storm Agatha, but also the eruption of Pacaya southwest of Guatemala City. Our walls are wet but we're dry inside. This afternoon we will venture out, I'll buy phone minutes and call the QuiƱonez family in Venecia on the coast. At last contact the whole village was in a main community building with water about a meter or so, but then it rained all night. More soon.
PS I got fleas in Concepcion. Again.
PS I got fleas in Concepcion. Again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment