
Photo from Prensa Libre dot com: The Guate City airport with ash all over - flights have been canceled for the next 5 days... I'm supposed to go home in 3 days! Booo

Tropical storm hits, too. Photo: Prensa Libre
All this rain is a lot. I just got a call from my people in Venecia. The whole village is flooded. The bananas are surely ruined. They live right on the ocean and there's a swelling river between the village and the ocean. Here we are experiencing lots and lots of rain but there are no nearby hills or mud, just drowning corn. Our walls are leaking though; there are wet spots.
According to this article, people died in Almolonga, which is another suburb of Xela - like Olintepeque. But, like I said, here we are OK, we still have lights, too! But for those in Venecia and other parts underwater... we be thinking of you...
0 comments:
Post a Comment