Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Professional sweating.

I'm a week now in-country with my student group. It's been ok, not great, but ok. We started in Guatemala City, then headed up to Poptun to Finca Ixobel and now we find ourselves in San Andres, Peten. The students are in home stays and attending Spanish school - we'll be here for a week. It's super hot and sticky and humid here. San Andres is on a hillside so you can't go anywhere without walking uphill or downhill. But from where I sit, with a fan blowing on me and a trusty glass of limonada at my side, I can see Lake Peten Itza - my favorite lake in Guatemala. The school we are using here has been a disappointment - we've had to double up students in home stays and language class because they didn't have enough families - something they never mentioned until we arrived even though we'd reserved all this several weeks in advance. Plus we had to move a kid three times because of poor home stay families on the part of the school director who sorta just put kids with families that actually weren't really good, or ready, to host a student. Oh well. We're doing ok in general.

I'm just stoked to be in Guatemala, traveling to those places that I get to only because of leading student groups, and trying to chill out and take it easy. The students are out scouring the town right now on a scavenger hunt I created. Good times. We'll be here til Saturday then we head to Laguna Lachua. In the meantime, San Andres is pretty sweet - a chill town with a lot of puppies and dogs with collars.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers