Mama life.
Now that I'm getting all mama-fied, I imagine my thoughts and topics will start heading toward more mama-ish subjects. But, as always, with a theme of social justice in mind, check this out. Most of us probably know what a "faux pas" breastfeeding is in the US - women get told to cover up or go feed their babies in bathroom stalls. Here in Guatemala, oh boy, you can feed yer baby wherever you like ain't no one gonna tell you to go sit in a bathroom stall or cover the boob up. I am nervous about going back to the US and confronting the issue of public breastfeeding. I'm not sure what the etiquette is nor what the rules are yet there are "technically" state laws that "protect" breastfeeding - but women can still be told to stop. And Facebook is at it too, you can't post breastfeeding pics on Facebook. I found this call to arms about the issue, here. Obviously, I have no experience with this but my instinct is to be pretty pissed off that BF'ing is so taboo.
0 comments:
Post a Comment