Bread n' baby clothes.
Today we washed our baby stuff - 3 tiny outfits and a blanket - and hung it all out to dry. We actually had to split the stuff evenly because we BOTH wanted to wash the stuff. Yesterday was a big day, too, because I finally got my fan. I've been really hot n' sweaty everyday even though Andres sleeps with a fleece blanket every night (just looking at him all wrapped up in the blanket makes me sweat). So finally I got my fan, pointed right at me, all night long. At the fan-tienda the salesgal was also pregnant, probably more so than myself. As we purchased the fan she was like, Oh yeah I hear ya! Baby makes you hot, eh? It felt so good to be understood!
Those wicked piƱas that Andres brought back from Xalbal made for some pretty amazing bread. I also sent a loaf back up to Xalbal via Andres' brother-in-law who met up with Andres this past weekend in Huehue for corte shopping (the indigenous woman skirt). (And yes, the two of them tag-teamed corte buying spree - to sell the skirts up in Xalbal). Anyway, Andres' sister, my sister-in-law was so impressed by local pineapple bread. Baked goods are like long distance hugs.
Poor Norma had what I think was a seizure on Saturday. It scared the crap out of me, obviously, and lasted for about 2 minutes. Luckily she hasn't had another but today we have an appointment with the vet here in Antigua. Poor little monkey was clearly freaked out by her own seizing, too. I'm glad I was here for her, hugged her and we calmly got through it.
0 comments:
Post a Comment