Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pan sabado.

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking registering for two summer classes. I dropped them both and decided to spend the summer knitting, crocheting and having a baby. I think that's good enough for now. The weather has been inching ever so slightly toward the rainy season, which technically started in May, but there hasn't been a whole lot of rain-action. When it does rain I like to turn off any noise and just listen to it. It seems the most quiet it ever is in Guatemala is when it is raining.

On my eternal quest for imported gringo food, I found (by accident) the motherload of all gringo food stores. Just over a week ago a new shop popped up selling all the Whole Foods/your local co-op/TJ's type-a stuff anyone could ever want, although on a smaller scale and not with everything, but definitely a legit collection. This new shop includes turkey bacon, chocolate soy milk, whole wheat flour, blah blah blah... a bunch of over priced but totally rare items that make me feel at home. So Antigua is one step closer to not very different from being in the States. The only thing that would keep me happy & content forever? The noise rules and the guy who sells bread every morning honking his car horn in front of our house at 7am getting a different route.

Lastly, Andres went out yesterday to fetch some of that sick sourdough bread we found last week. Sourdough as a written word is pretty challenging to the non-English speaking world and so I told Andres, ask for "Pan Sa-ur-do" and he kept repeating back to me "Pan Sabado" or Saturday Bread. I like that better. Happy Saturday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Number of visitors since 5/16/10

Followers