How to flip a baby.
At 36 weeks now and babecito has been comfortably sitting up, also known as breech position. So starting last week my wonderful midwife had me on a week of stretches to encourage baby to flip. However, at my appointment yesterday, baby was still chillin' head up. So Hannah, the midwife, did a manual flip. It was the most intense and wild sensation ever! Not comfortable by any means, I mean someone is manually flipping a 7lb boney thing in yer belly, but it worked. Hannah was working so hard, too. It took probably 30-40 minutes. I guess sometimes it doesn't work, but luckily it did. Baby is and still should be head down - yay! The whole task left me a bit sore and tired, especially sore in my lower back from having to lay down on it (something I never do anymore due to the baby's weight), but feeling better today!
Also, finished my greatest knitting project ever!
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! Your knitting talents are very impressive. This is very skilled.
-L'en
Why didn't I know you were a knitter? I am so impressed with your pants, hats, soaker ect... We will have to knit together when you come to NM!!
Post a Comment